Monday, September 14, 2009

Cherry Blossom


It's spring time down here in Sydney, my favorite season of the year when you can enjoy the beautiful flowers blooming. Last weekend I happened to visit a garden with some varieties of cherry blossoms, it's located in a suburb of Galston, about one and half hours driving from the city. Talking about cherry blossom, there many varieties of cherry blossom and some of them bloom only for couple days in spring time.

In Korea the largest beotkkot (cherry blossom) festival is in Jinhae City where visitors can walk through a tunnel of cherry blossoms trees surrounded by falling white petals. Jinhae Gunhang Festival takes place in Jinhae city around March-April when the cherry blossom are in full bloom. It has been held annually since 1963 and has become a famed tourist attraction in which locals and tourists can enjoy the beautiful sight of cherry blossom as well as participating in cultural events.

Here are some snaps from my cherry blossom viewing, most of those cherry blossoms are different varieties from the ones in Korea, hope I'll make it to Jinhae City someday to see the most famous cherry blossoms in Korea!

(white cherry blossom)

(red or pink?)

(the bee..)



3 comments:

  1. very nice flowers.I like the third pics and the last one.I want to use a Chinese word to describe you,花团锦簇(huā tuán jǐn cù)because the flowers are colse to you.:)
    PS:what is your favourite flower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gulf, my favorite? Red cherry blossom! what's yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha..ha I love many flowers.Now my favors are Calla and pink rose:)
    Maybe narcissus and jasmine are also nice.

    ReplyDelete