Monday, August 3, 2009

What is Hallyu?

Hallyu or Korean wave is a term used to refer the increasing popularity of South Korea culture all over the world since around 2000. I still remember the first time I fell for Korean culture was when I watched a popular Korean drama series 'Autumn in My Heart' by Song Hye Kyo back then almost ten years ago. Since then, I become addicted to Korean movies and series as well as K-Pop (Korean Pop music).

Hallyu has been expanding rapidly beyond Asia and Korea has become one of the world's top ten culture exporters. Talking about Hallyu is not only about entertainment industry but also about fashion which known as a trendsetter style icon in the youth-dominated market.

Long story short, I decided to pen down my experiences and sharing my thoughts and anything I come across about Hallyu through this blog.

As for 'Autumn in My Heart', here is the MV I got from Youtube:


Autumn in My Heart, the first installment of Endless Love drama series produced in 2000 by South Korean TV network KBS, starring adorable Song Hye Kyo, Song Seung Heon and Won Bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment