Friday, August 7, 2009

Jejudo (Jeju island)


Jejudo or Jeju island, formerly called Cheju island, is a volcanic island located in the southern part of South Korea. This relatively small island has many beautiful and unique tourist spots across the island. If you are Korean drama or movie lover you will find many 'romantic spots’ where many popular Korean drama scenes were taken such as All in and the famous Jewel in The Palace (Dae Jang Geum). This island with its fantastic and mysterious spots indeed is a perfect place for honeymoon.






(Night view from Yong Duam Rock)

Here are the spots list from my Christmas holiday in Jeju:

  • Korean drama shooting places (All in and Dae Jang Geum)
  • Mysterious road (a road where you can feel optical illusion)
  • Osulloc tea plantation
  • Lotte Hotel Garden
  • Tangerine and mushroom farm.
  • Seongeup Folk village
  • Seogwipo sub-marine cruise
  • Mongolian horse show
  • Pony horse riding
  • Hapy Town (Chinese circus)
  • Dragon Rock (Yong Duam Rock)
  • Dongbokri woman diver, a village where you can try all kind of fresh seafood.
  • Love Land (Sex theme park)
I am very happy to rate Jeju island as the most beautiful island in the world! During my 3 days only visit, I had tonnes of stories to be cherished and treasured with hope that I'd make it to this island again someday.
Almost forgot, you definitely should try the sweet tagerine of Jeju when you visit this island!
I couldn't fit all my stories of this island full with beautiful nature in one post so I'l update this post in some separate posts later.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet tangerine,it reminds me the plot in My Girl:)yes,many romantic drama scenes.I find you really very like Jeju island,I smell the exciting scent from your words:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gulf, you just remind me, I didn't remember about 'My Girl' when writing down this post, it's one of many series I like too, and yes there were some episodes in tangerine farm. Indeed I love Jeju :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am planning to go Jeju Island. Been looking around for the budget way to go around the island. So could u tell me how u go thru all ur spot lists in Jeju. Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,
    At that time I joined a local tour, I got a package of return flights from Seoul, 3 nights hotel and 2 full days tour around the island (quite affordable tho) The tour itself is 'a bit' custom-made, you can opt some spots you'd like to go to. It's supposed to be in Korean language only but the guide speaks basic English and is very helpful.If you wish I am happy to give you their contact's detail.

    Cheers..

    ReplyDelete