Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tangerine Farm


Tangerine is Jeju's signature fruit, you will find this mandarin orange sold in every local shops and tourist spots across the island. Visiting the Tangerine farm was one of our itinerary in Jeju. Located not far from the Folk Village, the farm allowed us to look around, pick the tangerine from the trees and taste how sweet the fruit is. We found the tangerines hang on almost every branch made a beautiful background to pose on.


Tangerine farm in Jeju

Jeju tangerine sold at a market

Beside the abundant tangerine you'd also find some cookie product made with tangerine including tangerine-filled chocolate. We did try and buy some orange choco as souvenirs, I reckon this Jeju orange chocolate is a must buy product from Jeju.

If you happened to watch Korean drama series "My Girl", some scenes were set in a beautiful Tangerine farm of Jeju, and it's one of many famous Korean drama series I've watched.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I chanced upon your blog while searching for tangerine farms for fruit picking. I was wondering if you knew whether I could go tangerine picking in August? Also what was the name of the farm you went to? Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess,
    Unfortunatey I forgot the farm's name but you can search online, there are some day tours, and I think December is the best season for tangerine.
    Also found this tour's link :
    http://yehatour.com/jeju/main/main.php?lang=eng
    hope this helps.

    Cheers..

    ReplyDelete