Tuesday, October 27, 2009

2009 Mnet Asian Music Awards


2009 Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) is the new form of KM Music Festival previously organised by two cable channels, Mnet and KM. This year, Mnet Media announced that they are creating a new event that would attract not only Korea's most popular singers, but those from around the world. MAMA will be held at Jamsil Indoor Stadium on Nov.21, 2009. The six-hour event will be aired live on Mnet.
Mnet also enabled foreign fans to vote for their favorite singers and groups through a separate web site. Those who have overseas IPs will only have the chance to vote through this particular web page.
Talented artists will compete in 29 categories divided into five different sections, including singer, genre, music video, grand prizes and others. The nominee for the Best Male Singer are Drunken Tiger, Rain and G-Dragon, among others, while the Best Female Singer category includes Bada, Baek Ji-young, and Son Dam-bi.
Who would you vote? For me, definitely I'd vote for one of my favorite singers, Son Dam-bi!

(Picture courtesy of: Korea Times)
(Source: Korea Times)

2 comments:

  1. I would definitely vote for G-Dragon (Kwon Ji Yong)... I love his voice!! But, for female singers I also like Baek Ji-young, and Son Dam-bi...

    It'd be hard to decide!! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. GoldenZephyr, I think you are a big fan of G-Dragon, aren't you? :) I agree, he has a great voice, he indeed is a 'Heartbreaker' :)
    Baek Ji-young got some nice songs too.. but still I'd go for Son Dam-bi :)
    By the way, thanks for dropping by.
    Cheers..

    ReplyDelete